| The Disneyland Report > Disney Secrets and Facts > Hong Kong Disneyland Secrets and Facts > Space Mountain Secrets and Facts
Hong Kong Disneyland Secrets and Facts - Tomorrowland
Space Mountain Secrets and Facts
- Space Mountain in Tomorrowland at Hong Kong Disneyland is modeled closely after the version of the Space Mountain roller coaster at Disneyland in California, which reopened in 2005 with new special effects. There are similar effects and the track layout is identical.
- The actual structure of Space Mountain is 91 feet, and the tallest spire reaches to 133 feet.
- Each Space Mountain rocket seats 12 passengers on a journey through outer space.
- Speakers located throughout the rocket vehicle allow a fast-paced musical soundtrack to play while guests experience the journey through space.
- The theme of Hong Kong Disneyland's Space Mountain is an adventure through outer space.
- Space Mountain features a variety of projection and lighting effects in the ride that simulate stars, meteors, and nebulae.
- A supernova explosion effect added to Space Mountain at Disneyland Paris during its 2005 refurbishment to become Space Mountain: Mission 2 is included in the version of Space Mountain at Hong Kong Disneyland.
Submit a Hong Kong Disneyland Secret
Continue to Autopia Secrets and Facts
Return to Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters Secrets and Facts
Return to Hong Kong Disneyland Secrets and Facts