| The Disneyland Report > Disney Secrets and Facts > Hong Kong Disneyland Secrets and Facts > Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters Secrets and Facts
Hong Kong Disneyland Secrets and Facts - Tomorrowland
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters Secrets and Facts
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters at Hong Kong Disneyland's Tomorrowland is modeled after the version of the attraction of the same name that opened in 2005 at Disneyland in California. The concept for the interactive attraction first debuted at a Disney theme park in the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World in 1998 as Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin.
- A version of this attraction now appears in every Magic Kingdom style Disney theme park in the world.
- The model of Buzz Lightyear outside the Astro Blasters attraction is 12 feet tall.
- Like the ride in California, Hong Kong Disneyland's Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters attraction has blaster guns that can be lifted from the ride vehicle, allowing a greater range of laser blasting.
- Like at Disneyland, the Hong Kong Disneyland version of this attraction will feature an online component for guests to play along at home to add to the interactivity of the experience.
Submit a Hong Kong Disneyland Secret
Continue to Space Mountain Secrets and Facts
Return to Orbitron Secrets and Facts
Return to Hong Kong Disneyland Secrets and Facts