| The Disneyland Report > Disney Secrets and Facts > Hong Kong Disneyland Secrets and Facts > Autopia Secrets and Facts
Hong Kong Disneyland Secrets and Facts - Tomorrowland
Autopia Secrets and Facts
- Hong Kong Disneyland's Autopia has a scheduled opening date of July of 2006 and feature electric cars traveling through parts of Tomorrowland.
- Autopia at Hong Kong Disneyland will be the most "futuristic" version of the classic Disney theme park attraction. Autopia was one of the rides from Disneyland's opening day in 1955 that is still running today (albeit with a few modifications) and has been installed in the Tomorrowland of every Magic Kingdom style park since then.
- The cars in Hong Kong Disneyland's Autopia will feature on-board audio and special lighting effects, which will make the attraction even more lively at night.
- Most of Autopia in Tomorrowland will be on the other side of the Disneyland Railroad train tracks, one of the first attractions to cross the berm in Hong Kong Disneyland. Due to the smaller nature of Hong Kong Disneyland, it is likely that most future rides and expansion will be beyond the train tracks.
- The theme for the driving course in Autopia in Tomorrowland at Hong Kong Disneyland is an otherworldly martian landscape, as if drivers are traveling through another planet. This adds to the space theme of Hong Kong Disneyland's Tomorrowland and departs from other versions of Autopia at the other Disney theme parks, where riders drive through landscaped or racecar-themed courses that don't depart significantly from the visuals of today.
- Part of the Autopia attraction will involve a raised highway above one of the paths in Tomorrowland, so guests can get a preview of the cars. The moving cars will also create a kinetic effect, making Tomorrowland look more lively with movement. Walt Disney wanted a kinetic, "Tomorrowland on the move" when he designed the new Tomorrowland of 1967 at Disneyland in California, and Disney Imagineers kept this in mind when designing Tomorrowland at Hong Kong Disneyland.
- Although Autopia did not open until 2006, it was listed as an attraction in park maps since the Hong Kong Disneyland's opening day in 2005.
Submit a Hong Kong Disneyland Secret
Continue to Stitch Encounter Secrets and Facts
Return to Space Mountain Secrets and Facts
Return to Hong Kong Disneyland Secrets and Facts