| The Disneyland Report > Disney Secrets and Facts > Hong Kong Disneyland Secrets and Facts > General Tomorrowland Secrets and Facts
Hong Kong Disneyland Secrets and Facts
Hong Kong Disneyland Tomorrowland Secrets and Facts
- Hong Kong Disneyland's Tomorrowland is themed as a spaceport for interplanetary adventures, according to Disney Imagineer Tim Delaney.
- Designing Tomorrowland has been a challenge since Walt Disney envisioned the first one for Disneyland in 1955 because the future eventually catches up with predictions of it. Imagineering a Tomorrowland at Hong Kong Disneyland was even more of a challenge for Disney Imagineers because Hong Kong is already known worldwide as a high-tech, futuristic city. To counter this and to keep Hong Kong Disneyland's Tomorrowland timeless, Disney Imagineers created a Tomorrowland that was more "other-worldly." Disney Imagineers envisioned a more fantasy, brightly-colored, space-themed Tomorrowland, with rockets, flying saucers, planets, and martian landscapes.
- Most of the attractions in Tomorrowland at Hong Kong Disneyland relate to space travel, such as Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, and the Orbitron.
- The architecture of Tomorrowland continues the fantasy, space theme, so many buildings have wavy curves and visual highlights. HK Disneyland's has the most "cartoony" Tomorrowland of the Magic Kingdom style parks.
- Smog and humidity often create overcast, grey skies in Hong Kong, so Hong Kong Disneyland uses more bright colors to create a livelier atmosphere in the futuristic land. Only Space Mountain retains its white paint as a tribute to the original in Disneyland.
- The Starlight Diner restaurant in Tomorrowland seats 800 and is the largest Hong Kong Disneyland restaurant.
- Hong Kong Disneyland's Autopia, set to open in 2006, will be the only version in Disney parks around the world that uses electric cars.
- Attractions in Hong Kong Disneyland's Tomorrowland:
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
Submit a Hong Kong Disneyland Secret
Continue to Orbitron Secrets and Facts
Return to Fantasyland Train Station Secrets and Facts
Return to Hong Kong Disneyland Secrets and Facts