| The Disneyland Report > Disney Secrets and Facts > Hong Kong Disneyland Secrets and Facts > Sleeping Beauty Castle Secrets and Facts
Hong Kong Disneyland Fantasyland Secrets and Facts
Sleeping Beauty Castle Secrets and Facts
- Sleeping Beauty Castle at Hong Kong Disneyland is a copy of the castle of the same name at the original Disneyland in California. That original Sleeping Beauty Castle is based on the famous real-life Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany.
- Sleeping Beauty Castle's height is 77 feet tall.
- The inside of Sleeping Beauty Castle at Hong Kong Disneyland was left empty for future development when the park originally opened. Disney Imagineers have contemplated putting in a store or some sort of walkthrough attraction.
- The Hong Kong Disneyland version of Sleeping Beauty Castle is the first time the Disneyland original has been duplicated; other castles at the other Magic Kingdom style Disney parks have been larger and made in a different style from Disneyland's.
- Hong Kong Disneyland's Sleeping Beauty Castle was built with special LED lighting accents that allow the castle to be lit in a million different color combinations. Disneyland in California was the first to receive this LED lighting makeover, and both castles demonstrate their new lighting features in their nightly fireworks spectaculars.
- Sleeping Beauty Castle at Hong Kong Disneyland features an integrated and computer-controlled strobe light system to create a sparkling effect to make it look extra magical at night!
Submit a Hong Kong Disneyland Secret
Continue to Cinderella Carousel Secrets and Facts
Return to Fantasyland Secrets and Facts
Return to Hong Kong Disneyland Secrets and Facts