| The Disneyland Report > Disney Secrets and Facts > Hong Kong Disneyland Secrets and Facts > Disney in the Stars Fireworks Secrets and Facts
Hong Kong Disneyland Secrets and Facts - Entertainment
Disney in the Stars Fireworks Secrets and Facts
- Disney in the Stars is a traditional "Fantasy in the Sky" style fireworks show that features pyrotechnics, lighting, and other special effects, including huge bursts of fire from isopar flamethrowers near Sleeping Beauty Castle.
- The fireworks show debuted with the park on September 12, 2005.
- Hong Kong Disneyland had to create a more elaborate fireworks and pyrotechnics spectacular because living in the culture that invented fireworks and gunpowder, the Chinese are used to spectacular fireworks displays.
- This show features more ground-level pyrotechnics than Disney fireworks shows in the United States.
- Images from Disney animated films are projected onto Sleeping Beauty Castle during Disney in the Stars during certain segments.
- Sleeping Beauty Castle is lit with a variety of bright and changing colors during the fireworks show from a new LED lighting system similar to the one Disneyland's castle received during its major renovation right before the park's 50th anniversary celebration.
Submit a Hong Kong Disneyland Secret
Continue to Disney Secrets and Facts
Return to Disney on Parade Secrets and Facts
Return to Hong Kong Disneyland Secrets and Facts