| The Disneyland Report > Disney Secrets and Facts > Hong Kong Disneyland Secrets and Facts > Rafts to Tarzan Island, Tarzan Island, and Tarzan's Treehouse Secrets and Facts
Hong Kong Disneyland Adventureland Secrets and Facts
Rafts to Tarzan Island, Tarzan Island, and Tarzan's Treehouse Secrets and Facts
Tarzan Island Secrets and Facts
- In building Hong Kong Disneyland, Disney Imagineers combined elements from Adventurelands and Frontierlands in other Magic Kingdom style parks to create a larger Adventureland.
- The large body of water that surrounds Tarzan Island is called the Rivers of Adventure and is like the Rivers of America at Disneyland and other Magic Kingdom style Disney theme parks.
- This scenic island in the middle of the Rivers of Adventure features the Tarzan's Treehouse attraction.
- The Jungle River Cruise journeys around Tarzan Island.
- Tarzan Island features climb and play areas and landscaped trails for children and their families, much like Tom Sawyer Island at Disneyland.
Rafts to Tarzan Island Secrets and Facts
- The Rafts to Tarzan Island at Hong Kong Disneyland's Adventureland are akin to the Rafts to Tom Sawyer Island at Disneyland in California.
- The log rafts transport a large number of guests to Tarzan Island and back to the main shore of Adventureland and, along with the Jungle River Cruise boats, create a busy and lively river filled with kinetic motion similar to the environment Walt Disney wanted in his Rivers of America at Disneyland.
Tarzan's Treehouse Secrets and Facts
- Tarzan's Treehouse is almost 19 meters tall.
- Tarzan's Treehouse at Hong Kong Disneyland is a re-creation of Disneyland's Tarzan overlay of its Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse attraction, installed in 1999 to coincide with the release of the animated film.
- This is the fifth treehouse attraction to be built at a Disney Magic Kingdom style theme park, but the first to be built initially with the Tarzan theme instead of the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse theme.
- This attraction at Hong Kong Disneyland is the second Disney treehouse to feature the Tarzan theme.
Submit a Hong Kong Disneyland Secret
Continue to Festival of the Lion King Secrets and Facts
Return to Jungle River Cruise Secrets and Facts
Return to Hong Kong Disneyland Secrets and Facts