| The Disneyland Report > Disney Secrets and Facts > Hong Kong Disneyland Secrets and Facts > Festival of the Lion King Secrets and Facts
Hong Kong Disneyland Adventureland Secrets and Facts
Festival of the Lion King Secrets and Facts
- The Festival of the Lion King at Hong Kong Disneyland is a song and dance show featuring the songs and characters from Disney's animated film The Lion King.
- Hong Kong Disneyland's version of The Festival of the Lion King show is similar to the show of the same name at Disney's Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World in Florida. It is one of the most popular shows at Walt Disney World and was actually a last-minute entertainment item making use of old floats from the Lion King Celebration parade at Disneyland, which coincided with the nationwide release of the film in summer of 1994.
- Some of the songs from the original version of this show were re-used for a Lion King stage show in Discoveryland at Disneyland Paris.
- The theater in which The Festival of the Lion King show is presented is larger in Hong Kong Disneyland than at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- The audience is seated around the stage in this Hong Kong Disneyland show, creating a theater-in-the-round experience.
- The Festival of the Lion King show offers FastPass.
- The land on which the theater for the Festival of the Lion King show sits may someday be used for a new ride or a new Frontierland-like land.
Submit a Hong Kong Disneyland Secret
Continue to Liki Tikis Secrets and Facts
Return to Rafts to Tarzan Island, Tarzan Island, and Tarzan's Treehouse Secrets and Facts
Return to Hong Kong Disneyland Secrets and Facts