Secrets > Disneyland
Resort Secrets > Disneyland
Secrets > Tomorrowland Secrets
Tomorrowland Secrets & Facts
Disneyland Railroad - Tomorrowland
- Boarding the Disneyland Railroad at the Tomorrowland station allows you to travel through the Grand Canyon Diorama and Primieval World (displays of audio-animatronic dinosaurs. The Grand Canyon Diorama is the world's largest diorama.
Disneyland Monorail Secrets and Facts
- The Disneyland Monorail opened in 1959 along with the Matterhorn
Bobsleds and the Submarine Voyage. That was at the time the largest
expansion of Disneyland since the park's opening in 1955.
Astro Orbiter Secrets and Facts
- The Astro Orbiter at Disneyland is modeled after the one at Discoveryland
at Disneyland Paris.
Star Tours Secrets and Facts
- In the queue of Star Tours, an announcer calls for "Mr. Egroeg
Sacul." That's George Lucas backwards.
- The Audio Animatronic of C3PO used to have both legs gold until
Star Wars fans complained that it wasn't accurate to the films, so
one of C3PO's legs is now silver colored.
Space Mountain Secrets and Facts
- Space Mountain closed in 2003 for a major refurbishment that included rebuilding the entire track (with the same layout), adding new rockets, featuring a new soundtrack, and new scenery, special effects, and visuals.
- Thrill ride Space Mountain reopened after two of refurbishment
in the summer of 2005 as part of Disneyland's 50th anniversary.
Honey, I Shrunk the Audience Secrets and Facts
Starcade Secrets and Facts
Autopia Secrets and Facts
- Autopia was one of the first attractions from Disneyland's opening
day on July 17, 1955.
- Autopia is the only Disneyland attraction to run on gas. (Rodolfito)
- Autopia was renovated in 2000 to combine both the Tomorrowland Autopia and the Fantasyland Autopia. The refurbishment also incorporated the popular claymation talking cars from the Chevron commercials and advertisements.
Submarine Voyage Secrets and Facts
- The Submarine Voyage, closed for quite a long time now, is a troublesome
spot for the Imagineers. At first, the idea was to create a ride based
on The Little Mermaid. So much time has passed since then, however,
that the new project that is being looked at is a ride based on Finding
Nemo. Not even Cast Members are sure what the outcome of all the imagineering
will be. (Robyn Mackay)
Innoventions Secrets and Facts
- The building housing "Innoventions," formerly "America
Sings," is the fastest moving building at Disneyland with a top speed of 1 mile per
hour! (Robyn Mackay)
- The Innoventions building used to house an Audio-Animatronics musical show called "America Sings" showcasing folk and traditional American music. Many of the animal stars of "America Sings" were moved to populate the backwood bayous of Splash Mountain when it opened in 1989.
a Disneyland Secret!